Are You Interested in Becoming a Tutor?
The TCNJ Tutoring Center hires full-time TCNJ students to tutor content and/or writing by appointment in courses across all seven Schools. Tutors are typically hired to tutor either in Math, Sciences, Business, Engineering, and Nursing, Health and Exercise Science or in Humanities/Social Sciences, Arts & Communication, Education, and Writing. Tutors may tutor on both sides if they enroll in both IDS tutor training courses.*
REQUIREMENTS for Becoming a Peer Tutor:
- Completion of 2 FULL-TIME semesters at TCNJ by first semester of employment
- Minimum GPA of 3.10 with a grade of B+ or higher in ALL courses you want to tutor
- 2 Letters of TCNJ faculty recommendation
- Unofficial transcript (How to Request an UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT through PAWS)
- Availability to tutor approximately 6 hours per week for the full academic year, fall through spring semester (tutors are paid for hours worked, which varies depending on demand)
- Be able to tutor at least two different courses in which you were successful at TCNJ
- Interest in tutoring WRITING is recommended if you are applying to be an HSS tutor
- If hired, enroll in and pass Fall semester IDS tutor training courses*
- Attend an information session or watch a recording of a recent session here: New Tutor Info Session 2/23/22
- Apply using this link: New Tutor Internal Application for Hire
- If invited, interview
- *If offered a position, enroll in the fall semester 5-week tutor training course IDS 291 (all tutors), OR the 10-week training courses IDS 291 and IDS 292, if you plan to tutor any course in the Humanities/Social Sciences, Arts & Communication, Education, or Writing. Each IDS course counts for .25 units and is graded P/F.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org