NEW-TUTOR APPLICATION PROCESS, REQUIREMENTS, & TIMELINE:
- Recruitment and Interviews occur ANNUALLY, during Spring Semester in preparation for new-hires to begin work the following Fall Semester.
- All applicants attend an Information Session in February to learn about employment requirements, application process, work of peer tutors, and pay scale. Schedule of Info Session is posted at this website annually in late January.
- All applicants attend interview during February & March with Math/Sciences supervisor and/or Humanities/Social Sciences/Writing supervisor, depending on subject area(s) of interest.
- Hiring decisions are made by mid-April.
REQUIREMENTS & REFERENCES:
- Applicants must have completed two full-time semesters at TCNJ (total 8 units) by first semester of employment.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.1 with grades of B+ or better in they expect to tutor. Preferred applicants will be able to tutor at least two different courses or disciplines at TCNJ. Interest in tutoring writing is a plus.
- Applicants must submit at least three TCNJ faculty references.
TRAINING DURING FIRST SEMESTER OF EMPLOYMENT & WORK EXPECTATIONS:
- ALL new tutors must take IDS 291: Techniques of Tutoring I, during first five weeks of employment.
- Humanities/Social Science/Writing new tutors must ALSO take IDS 292: Techniques of Tutoring II/Writing, during the second five weeks of employment.
- ALL tutors must be available and willing to tutor at least 6 Hours per week during Fall and Spring Semesters.