Information Sessions are held annually in February for students who are interested in applying to become tutors the following fall semester. Applicants may only apply to start in a fall semester. No applications will be accepted for starting in Spring semesters.
- All applicants for fall employment must attend an Information Session to learn about the requirements, the work of peer tutors, the application process, and the pay scale.
- Applicants must have completed two full-time semesters at TCNJ by first semester of employment.
- Applicants must attend an Information Session.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.1 with grades of B+ or better in courses to become tutors.
- Applicants must be able to tutor at least two different courses taken at TCNJ. Interest in tutoring writing is a plus.
- Applicants must submit three TCNJ faculty references.
- ALL tutors must be available and willing to tutor at least 6 Hours per week.
- Math/Science tutors must take IDS 291: Techniques of Tutoring I, during first five weeks of employment.
- Humanities/Social Science/Writing tutors must take IDS 292: Techniques of Tutoring II during the first ten weeks of employment.