Peer Tutor Information Sessions
Additional sessions will be held for Humanities & Social Sciences, Education, and Arts & Communication ONLY.
Monday, 3/27 at 3:30pm in Roscoe West 101
Tuesday, 3/28 at 2:00pm in Roscoe West 101
Wednesday, 3/29 at 2:00pm in Roscoe West 101
Information Sessions are held annually in February for students who are interested in applying to become tutors the following fall semester. Applicants may only apply to start in a fall semester. No applications will be accepted for starting in Spring semesters.
- All applicants for fall employment must attend an Information Session to learn about the requirements, the work of peer tutors, the application process, and the pay scale.
- Applicants must have completed two full-time semesters at TCNJ by first semester of employment.
- Applicants must attend an Information Session.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.1 with grades of B+ or better in courses to become tutors.
- Applicants must be able to tutor at least two different courses taken at TCNJ. Interest in tutoring writing is a plus.
- Applicants must submit three TCNJ faculty references.
- ALL tutors must be available and willing to tutor at least 6 Hours per week.
- Math/Science tutors must take IDS 291: Techniques of Tutoring I, during first five weeks of employment.
- Humanities/Social Science/Writing tutors must take IDS 292: Techniques of Tutoring II during the first ten weeks of employment.