Peer Tutor Information Sessions
If you are interested in tutoring courses in The Fall 2017 semester, you must attend one of the Information Sessions below.
|Mon., 2/13||10am||RW 201||Wed., 3/1||11am||RW 101|
|Tues., 2/14||10am||RW 201||Thur., 3/2||11am||RW 201|
|Wed., 2/15||10am||RW 101||Thur., 3/2||1pm||RW 201|
|Thur., 2/16||10am||RW 201||Mon., 3/6||2pm||RW 201|
|Mon., 2/20||11am||RW 201||Tues., 3/7||10am||RW 201|
|Tues., 2/21||11am||RW 201||Tues. 3/7||1pm||RW 201|
|Wed., 2/22||10am||RW 101||Wed., 3/8||9am||RW 101|
|Thur., 2/23||11am||RW 201||Wed., 3/8||11am||RW 101|
|Mon., 2/27||1pm||RW 201||Thur., 3/9||10am||RW 201|
|Tues. 2/28||1pm||RW 201||Thur., 3/9||2pm||RW 201|
Information Sessions are held annually in February for students who are interested in applying to become tutors the following fall semester. Applicants may only apply to start in a fall semester. No applications will be accepted for starting in Spring semesters.
- All applicants for fall employment must attend an Information Session to learn about the requirements, the work of peer tutors, the application process, and the pay scale.
- Applicants must have completed two full-time semesters at TCNJ by first semester of employment.
- Applicants must attend an Information Session.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.1 with grades of B+ or better in courses to become tutors.
- Applicants must be able to tutor at least two different courses taken at TCNJ. Interest in tutoring writing is a plus.
- Applicants must submit three TCNJ faculty references.
- ALL tutors must be available and willing to tutor at least 6 Hours per week.
- Math/Science tutors must take IDS 291: Techniques of Tutoring I, during first five weeks of employment.
- Humanities/Social Science/Writing tutors must take IDS 292: Techniques of Tutoring II during the first ten weeks of employment.